DBS and Postage
DBS forms are crucial in our work safeguarding young people in our game, and we all work hard to fill them in, check them and send them off promptly. Some of you may already be aware but the changes to Royal Mail pricing has been causing a few problems with DBS forms arriving at HQ.
A significant number of envelopes have come through with surcharge notices – we are sort of pleased at this as in the past they have simply not got through to us or have taken months to find their way through the surcharge system (being given up as lost in the past and the forms having to be re-done). RFU is having to pay £1 handling fee each time an underpaid envelope comes in.
It is advisable that envelopes with multiple forms in are sent recorded delivery or at least weighed to ensure the correct postage is put on (packs of forms sent from HQ to DBS are all sent recorded delivery).
We have done a quick analysis of recent underpayments of what postage does what for your information and guidance.
A4 Envelope 1-2 forms enclosed:
- 1st Class ‘Large’ stamp will get to HQ
- Standard 1st Class stamp will NOT get here; 8p surcharge plus £1 handling fee
A4 Envelope 3 forms enclosed:
- Standard 1st Class stamp will NOT get here; 17p surcharge plus £1 handling fee
A5 (or C5 as it is technically known) 1 form
- Standard 1st Class will get here
A5 (or C5 as it is technically known) 2-3 forms
- Standard 1st Class – some will get here but some wont, so get it weighed to be on safe side
A5 (or C5 as it is technically known) 4-5 forms
- Standard 1st Class will not get here; 37p short plus £1 handling fee
If in doubt please put an extra stamp on or get them weighed.
Many thanks for your assistance in this matter.