The Transfer Deadline this year is Friday 1st March 2013. Therefore to meet this deadline all required paperwork must be received by the following dates:
· 5pm Friday 22nd February for standard 7-day registrations
· 12 noon Friday 1st March for expedited registrations
For a definition of the Transfer Deadline please refer to RFU Regulation 1 – Definitions, of the current RFU Handbook.
This means that all registration papers (for example; fully completed Player Registration form, international clearance, club release, copy of passport and visa etc), are present and correct as any problems with them may result in the player missing the Transfer Deadline.
No player may be Effectively Registered after 1st March 2013 to play in any RFU competition this season, unless he falls within the exception set out in Regulation 14.3.4 of the RFU Registration of Adult Players regulations. As such a Club may only apply for a Player to become Effectively Registered after the Transfer Deadline if he is either:
- a Permitted Player (for the definition of a “Permitted Player” please refer to RFU Regulation 1 – Definitions, of the current RFU Handbook) or
- he is an England Academy Player seeking Effective Registration with the Club of whose academy he is a member
- he is an England Academy Player playing under licence in the Aviva Premiership in accordance with the applicable regulations
- he is a Loan Player seeking Effective Registration to return to the Club which loaned him and with which he still has a contract
- sixteen years old prior to the Transfer Deadline and turns seventeen after the Transfer Deadline and is entitled to register for the first time or
- a Player who the Club in exceptional circumstances needs to be Effectively Registered after the Transfer Deadline to enable to the Club to comply with its Competition’s requirements in relation to the provision of Front Row forwards and the RFU is satisfied that the Player’s Registration is necessary
If you are a Premiership Club seeking to “dual register” one of your England Academy Players with another club (other than a Championship Club), this must be done before the Transfer Deadline.
If you have any queries regarding this then please Nicky Cook - 020 8831 7993 NickyCook@RFU.com