Easter Bank Holiday -
Please note there is NO RugbyFirst on Friday 18th April or Monday 21st April.
The Transfer Deadline this season is Friday 28th February 2014, therefore to meet this deadline all required paperwork must be received by the following dates:
· 5pm Friday 21st February for standard 7-day
· 12 noon Friday 28th February for expedited
For a definition of the Transfer Deadline please refer to RFU Regulation 1 – Definitions, of the current RFU Handbook or on the RFU website via the following link:
This means that all registration papers (eg; fully completed Player Registration form, international clearance, club release, copy of passport/visa etc) are present and correct as any problems with them may result in the player missing the Transfer Deadline.
As per Regulation 14.3.4: “A club may only apply for a Player to become Effectively Registered after the Transfer Deadline if he is either:
- a Permitted Player (as defined in RFU Regulation 1) or
- he is an England Academy Player seeking Effective Registration with the Club of whose academy he is a member
- he is an England Academy Player playing under licence in the Aviva Premiership in accordance with the applicable regulations
- he is a Loan Player seeking Effective Registration to return to the Club which loaned him and with which he still has a contract
- sixteen years old prior to the Transfer Deadline and turns seventeen after the Transfer Deadline and is entitled to register for the first time or
- a Player who the Club in exceptional circumstances needs to be Effectively Registered after the Transfer Deadline to enable to the Club to comply with its Competition’s requirements in relation to the provision of Front Row forwards and the RFU is satisfied that the Player’s Registration is necessary
If you are a Premiership or Championship Club seeking to “dual register” one of your England Academy Players this must be processed before the Transfer Deadline.
If you are considering loaning a player to a club in another Union, then please ensure you advise us of this when we process his International Clearance, otherwise you won’t be able to re-register him after the Transfer Deadline.
If you have any queries regarding this then please do not hesitate to contact me NickCook@RFU.com , in the meantime please ensure your Director of Rugby/coaching staff are aware of this deadline.
RugbyFirst - Compatability Issues – Please note that we are currently experiencing browser compatibility issues with the RugbyFirst membership application. You may experience difficulties when using of IE 9&10, Firefox and Google Chrome.
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or 9 you will need to run the system in Compatibility mode , here is a link to enable you to do that. http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=181472
The new Player Registration application – Will function on Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, iPad and generic tablets. The only browsers that won’t run the new application (due to the new technology used in the system) is anything less than and including Internet Explorer 7.
Newly updated youth registration form : The Youth Registration form has recently been updated to include the wording below :
The club may wish to take photos or videos of the team or players solely for promotion and celebration of club and RFU activities and training purposes. Please indicate if this is acceptable to you: ? YES ? No. Please share any additional information with the club Safeguarding Officer.
Please click here to access the new youth registration form
9:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 020 8831 6651
This means the telephone helpdesk will be open longer each week and at the times when it is most needed.
These additional hours will also enable us to dedicate more time to answering the email queries which constitute the majority of calls sent to the helpdesk.