Please go to our new site
DORSET & WILTS. RUGBY FOOTBALL UNION LTD
SECOND CALLING NOTICE: AGM 2013 posted 7June
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 6th Annual General Meeting of Dorset & Wilts. RFU Ltd (and the 67th of the Dorset & Wilts. RFU) will be held at the Salisbury RFC Clubhouse on Wednesday, 10th July, 2013, at 7:30 p.m.
1. To note attendance and any apologies
2. To consider and approve (with or without amendments) the minutes of the previous AGM
3. To receive and approve reports from the Hon. General Secretary and on behalf of the D&W Committee about the affairs of the Constituent Body since the previous AGM
4. To receive the Hon Treasurer’s Report and approve a financial statement for the preceding financial year
5. To elect the current President for an extra (third) year office, to elect the other Officers for the coming year, being: - the Deputy President; Hon. General Secretary; Hon. Treasurer
6. To elect Members of the Committee for the ensuing year, being:
- 4 representatives from each of the 2 Counties, plus
- Chairman of Governance Sub-committee
- Chairman of Disciplinary Panel/Sub-committee
- Secretary of the Disciplinary Panel/Sub-committee
- Chairman of Club Development/Sub-committee
- Chairman of Rugby Development Partnership/Sub-committee
- Chairman of Mini & Youth Forums
7. To elect any new Vice-Presidents
8. To consider a resolution disapplying the provisions of the Industrial & Provident Society Acts relating to the obligation to appoint Auditors
9. To consider any other motion or business that has been submitted in writing to Hon. General Secretary by 30 April, duly proposed by one Member and seconded by another Member.
10. To hear any other relevant matter for the consideration of the Committee during the ensuing year (details of which must have been submitted in writing to Hon. County Secretary not less than 48 hours before the time for which the AGM has been convened) but on which no voting shall be allowed.
11. Announcement of annual awards; and Cup draws for 2013/14
Dated: 19 March 2013 [Please see the Notes following]
Nick Dark, Hon. General Secretary
NOTES TO CALLING NOTICE AND PROPOSED AGENDA
1. At the request of the current Deputy President, John Constable, and so as to allow him a further year as understudy, it is proposed that John Palmer be elected as President for one more (a third) year in office.
2. Following the incorporation of Dorset & Wilts. RFU Ltd as an Industrial & Provident Society the AGM has to be conducted in accordance with the Constitution, which means that: -
(a) Nominations for the election of Officers and other Committee members (which must have the consent of the nominee) have to be sent in writing so as to reach Hon. General Secretary by 30 April;
(b) Proposals for additions or alterations to the Constitution (which must be proposed by one Member and seconded by another Member) have to be sent in writing so as to reach Hon. General Secretary by 30 April;
(c) Under the Regulations duly passed since the 2007 AGM, details of any other relevant matter for the consideration of the Committee during the ensuing year must be submitted in writing to Hon. General Secretary beforehand and not less than 48 hours before the time for which the AGM has been convened.
3. The provisions of the Industrial & Provident Society Act would oblige us to appoint qualified auditors (which would represent an inordinate expense for us) each year; but the Act also allows for this requirement to be dispensed with in the following circumstances: -
(a) Where the assets and turnover of the organisation are below certain levels;
(b) Where the Constitution so allows (which ours does) and;
(c) Where the appropriate Resolution is passed at the AGM (provided that less than 20% of votes at the AGM are cast against the resolution and that less than 10% of the membership votes against the resolution.
Please contact me if you should have any queries.
Hon General Secretary