The RFU operate an online E-DBS system which is accessed via Rugby First. This means that our entire workforce of both volunteer and paid staff can apply for a DBS check through a 100% secure online site.
Many of you will have dealt with paper DBS applications over the past few years and will we are sure recognise the huge benefits of the electronic process. These benefits are –
· Massive cost savings for Clubs, Applicants and the RFU in terms of time and money;
· Much quicker turnaround time on forms for most applications;
· 99% of mistakes prevented on electronic forms;
· No chance of application forms being lost in transit;
· The ability to track applications through the DBS process in a far more detailed manner; and
· Far more environmentally friendly – no paper required.
All Applicants who apply through the DBS E-Application system will continue to receive a hard copy DBS Disclosure certificate through the post. The RFU will receive the same notification electronically, which will then automatically update the applicant’s Rugby First record as soon as the DBS certificate has been cleared.
Those who do not wish to use the E-Application system may at present continue to submit paper DBS applications. However we are sure you will agree that the development of this system is a huge leap forward in the efficiency of the vetting process – as such we would encourage as many of our clubs to take advantage of what this system has to offer.
If you require further information on any aspect of the system or wish to set up your club to use it then please contact the Safeguarding team on 0208 831 7454 or email email@example.com