While the Rugby Football Union and the Rugby Football Union for Women recognises that publicity and pictures of young people enjoying rugby are essential to promote the sport and a healthy lifestyle, the following rules should be observed:
- Ensure parents/guardian/young person, have granted their consent for the taking and publication of photographic images and have signed and returned the Parent/Guardian and Young Person Permission Form. It is strongly recommended that the relevant form (See page 42) is incorporated into the annual club registration form and will therefore only need to be completed once a year
- All young people must be appropriately dressed for the activity, taking place.
- Photography or recording should focus on the activity rather than a particular young person and personal details, which might make a young person vulnerable, such as their exact address, should never be revealed.
- Where an individual has achieved success in the game (eg when selected for representative side or showing triumph over adversity) permission must be gained from parent/guardian and young person to use photographs/recordings and relevant details.
- Where possible, to reflect the FORMBY VIKINGS RUFC RUFC Equity Policy photographs/recordings should represent the diverse range of young people participating in rugby.
- Anyone taking photographs or recording at any rugby event must have a valid reason for doing so and seek the permission of the organisers/persons in charge.
- They should make themselves known to the event organisers/persons in charge and be able to identify themselves if requested during the course of the event.
- All concerns regarding inappropriate or intrusive photography should be reported in confidence to the RFU Equity and Ethics Manager via the Rugby Club or Constituent Body Welfare Manager.
PARENT/GUARDIAN AND YOUNG PERSON PERMISSION FORM
FOR THE USE OF PHOTOGRAPHS AND RECORDED IMAGES
I (insert parent/carer full name) consent to
the photographing/videoing and publication of images of
(name of young person) under the RFU’s Child
Protection and Best Practice guidelines and I confirm that I am legally entitled to give this consent.
I also confirm that (name of young person)
is not under a court order.
I (name of young person) consent to
the photographing/videoing and publication of images of my involvement in Rugby Union under the RFU’s Child Protection and Best Practice guidelines
Please return this form to: (insert details)