CRFC’s disciplinary committee shall consist of the Club’s Disciplinary Officer and two other Member’s of the Senior Committee. The Committee shall have jurisdiction to hold inquiries and impose punishment over all Playing Members, Club/Social Members, Officials or Supporters where;
- A Player has been dismissed from the field of play by the Referee
- A Player has been cited for foul play
- A Playing Member, Club/Social Member, Official or Supporter is reported for abuse/misconduct while he/she is on Club premises or representing the Club elsewhere.
Dismissed from the Field of Play
Where a Player has bee sent off by the Referee, that Player will immediately be deemed to be ineligible for selection until otherwise advised by the Disciplinary Committee. The Team Manager must inform the Club’s Disciplinary Officer within 48hrs giving the name, address and telephone number of the Player concerned along with reasons for the sending off.
Notice of Hearing
Where a Player has been sent off, or a Playing Member, Social/Club Member, Official or Supporter has been reported for abuse by a Match Official, or where the Disciplinary Committee is satisfied that there is a case for a Playing Member, Club/Social Member, Official or Supporter to answer following a citing or an allegation of misconduct, then a notification of hearing will be forwarded, to the said person, stating the specific charge or allegation. The notification will include the date, time and place of appointed hearing.
The hearing will take place as soon as possible.
All disciplinary hearings will follow the following procedures:
- The Playing Member, Club/Social Member, Official or Supporter in question must attend the hearing in person unless they have a valid reason not to. Failure to attend may result in continuation of suspension until such time he/she can attend a re-arranged meeting
- Any Mini/Junior Players should be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian. Any Colt can also choose to be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian should they wish to do so.
- The Player’s Team Manager must be in attendance at the hearing.
- Details of the alleged misconduct will be explained and if applicable the Referee’s report will be read at the hearing.
- The person appearing before the Disciplinary Committee shall be asked whether the allegations are admitted.
- If the allegations are not admitted the person against whom the allegations are made shall be entitled to give evidence in rebuttal.
- The Disciplinary Committee will retire to discuss all the evidence and to discuss the Disciplinary Officer’s recommendations
- The person appearing before the Disciplinary Committee will be informed of the Committee’s decision.
Where the alleged offence is admitted or proved, the Disciplinary Committee shall have power to impose the following penalties as appropriate
- That the Playing Member, Club/Social Member, Official or Supporter is cautioned/reprimanded as to future conduct
- That the Playing Member, Club/Social Member, Official or Supporter is suspended for a defined period
- That a Playing Member, Club/Social Member, Official or Supporter is expelled from The Club
Dismissals from Field of Play (or Citings)
When imposing sanctions, the Disciplinary Officer shall base his/her recommendations on the RFU’s Rules and Regulations (appendix 1) with respect to penalties for illegal and/or foul play.
Consideration should also be given to the following aggravating factors
- An absence or lack of remorse
- Persistent offending
Consideration should also be given to the following mitigating factors
- Acknowledgment of culpability and any remorse shown
- Previous good character
- Age and experience
Any appeals against the decision of the Disciplinary Committee should made to The Club Chairman in writing stating the grounds of the appeal. The appellant shall remain under suspension during the appeal process. The appeal shall be reviewed by the Club Chairman and Two other Member’s of the Senior Committee (independent of the Disciplinary Committee). This review shall be within 7 days of the appeal. The recommendations of the Appeal Panel shall be made to the Disciplinary Officer. These recommendations shall include
- Upholding of any suspension/sanction
- Reducing/Increasing suspension/sanction
- Quashing any suspension/sanction
The Appeal Panels decision shall be final and there shall be no further right of appeal.